Please read these Terms and Conditions, these do not affect your Statutory Rights under UK Law.
Domain name agreement
1. Sandal Web Services will register a domain to an individual and/or company on a per domain basis and the individual or company is granted exclusive use of this domain so long as all fees are paid, and the balance of any accounts are kept up to date directly with the domain registry.
2. Any registered domain can be used for any legal, decent and honest use on the Internet and must not breach any UK laws. The name cannot be used for any immoral or pornographic use. The registrant agrees to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the appropriate domain registry before ordering a domain name for registration by Sandal Web Services.
3. Sandal Web Services and its employees shall not be liable for indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including loss of income, data, or information in any event by use of the Service.
4. Sandal Web Services reserves the right not to register or assign any domain name for whatever reason and to delete or suspend any domain name if payment has not been made in full within 14 days of issue of a final invoice.
1. Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that the website and any scripts or programs are free of errors, Sandal Web Services cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred due to malfunction of the website or any part of it. We will not be liable for costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the failure to meet agreed deadlines. We do not accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss. Where work is defective for any reason, including negligence, our liability (if any) shall be limited to rectifying such defect, or crediting its value against any invoice raised in respect of the work undertaken.
2. Sandal Web Services require that a template is approved by the customer before designing of a site commences. Once the template(s) for the web site are approved by the customer, designing will commence. Once web design is complete, we will provide the customer with the opportunity to review the resulting work. We will make one set of minor changes at no extra cost within 14 days of the start of the review period which will commence on issue of final invoice. Minor changes include small textual changes and small adjustments to placement of items on the page. It does not include changes to images, colour schemes or any navigation features. Any minor changes can be notified to us by e-mail or phone. We will consider that the client has accepted the original draft, if no notification of change is received from the customer, within 14 days of the start of the review period unless otherwise agreed.
SEO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. SEO is a monthly service unless specifically agreed upon before SEO work commenced.
2. The monthly invoice must be paid in full prior to work commencing unless otherwise agreed, and will be issued 7 days prior to the date of renewal.
In order to provide a professional service, the following will be required from the Client prior to commencement of work as a minimum:
1. Administrative access to the website for analysis of content and structure.
2. Agreement is given to make necessary amendments for the purpose of optimisation and permission given to contact third parties where necessary (i.e web designer) if necessary.
3. Access to all available existing website traffic statistics to enable analysis and recommendations.
The client has been made fully aware of the following in respect of SEO services:
1. All fees are non-refundable.
2. All fees, services, documents recommendations and reports are confidential
3. Sandal Web Services has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and /or content they accept now or in the future. Websites can be excluded from any directory or search engine at the discretion of the search engine or directory.
4.Sandal Web Services does not guarantee No. 1 positions or top ten rankings or page listings for any keyword/phrase or search term.
5. Sandal Web Services will assume no liability for any actions carried out by the client that may have a negative effect on SEO including amendments made to the website by either the client or other third parties.
6. The Client guarantees that any elements of text/graphics/photos, images and designs or trademarks and logos, are provided with full permission of the rightful owner.
Sandal Web Services Terms and Conditions for Database Design and Implementation
These terms are made in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
SCOPE OF THE AGREEMENT
1. These terms and conditions will form a binding contract between the Client and Sandal Web Services.
2. These terms apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract the Client may propose and shall not be varied unless agreed in writing and signed by Sandal Web Services.
SANDAL WEB SERVICES OBLIGATIONS AND RIGHTS
3. In consideration of the payment by the Client to Sandal Web Services of the fees as set out in the Order Form, Sandal Web Services agrees to provide to the Client the Services as described in the Order Form with reasonable and due care in accordance with, and subject to these terms.
4. Sandal Web Services shall, both during this Agreement and after its termination, keep confidential and not (except as authorised or required for the purposes of this Agreement) use or disclose or attempt to use or disclose to any person or organisation any Confidential Information.
5. The Client will co-operate with, and act in good faith towards Sandal Web Services and provide, on request, such source materials or information as Sandal Web Services may reasonably require to carry out its obligations.
6. The Client shall allow such access to the Client’s data, premises, plant and equipment as Sandal Web Services reasonably requires to fulfil its obligations under this Agreement.
7. The client shall notify Sandal Web Services in writing of any changes or alterations required to the Services agreed and shall give Sandal Web Services the opportunity to consider said change proposals and will respond to the client in writing within 10 working days.
8. Sandal Web Services shall render invoices to the Client in respect of the prevailing schedule of fees as set out in the Order Form. These fees shall be payable by the Client within 14 days of the invoice date unless agreed otherwise by Sandal Web Services.
9. All and any changes to the works shall be reflected and accompanied by appropriate amendments to the Order Form and fees.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS / CONFIDENTIALITY
10. All copyright, design rights, registered designs, trademarks, patents, database rights, confidential information, ideas, know-how and all other rights whatsoever of a like nature worldwide, whether registered or not, of whatever nature in material, shall remain the property of Sandal Web Services, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
11. Intellectual Property that is brought to the project by either party remains the property of the originator unless otherwise agreed in writing.
12. In consideration of, and upon payment of the fees in full, the Client shall have the Rights of Use which shall take effect on receipt by Sandal Web Services of the fees. The client is granted a non-exclusive licence to use the Services for the purpose described in the Order Form or other associated documentation.
13. The Client shall not modify, adapt, translate, decompile, reverse engineer or attempt to ascertain by any other means the intellectual property owned by Sandal Web Services, except with prior written consent.
14. The Client retains the copyright to data, files, photos and graphic logos provided by the Client.
15. The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party. The Client is further responsible for granting Sandal Web Services permission and rights for use of the same and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sandal Web Services from any and all liability in use of such material.
INSPECTION AND ACCEPTANCE
16. If the Services delivered do not comply with the Order Form, or are defective in content or operation, Sandal Web Services liability shall be limited to correcting such defects within a reasonable time. The Client shall only be entitled to reject the Service delivered because of non-compliance with the Order Form or defects in operation. If not rejected in writing within 14 days of delivery then the Client shall be deemed to have accepted the Service.
LIABILITY AND WARRANTY
17. Sandal Web Services shall not be liable to the Client for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused, arising directly or indirectly in connection with this Agreement except to the extent to which it is unlawful to exclude such liability. Sandal Web Services expressly excludes liability for consequential loss, damage, or corruption to any website other software or data, or for loss of Profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings.
18. The Client shall comply with all applicable rules, regulations, codes of practice and laws relating to its’ use of the works, including without limitation, its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998; Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Competition Act 1998 and E-commerce Directive and Equivalent legislation.